greetings,

has there been any luck with fixing this problem?

I am looking forward to testing out the next working version to see if all is better.

Cheers
Lonnie

Matteo Riondato wrote:

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 04:29:48PM -0500, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
Hello Again,

I re-booted the FreeSBIE LiveCd and here is the outcome from your questions.

When I ran netstat -rn, the default gateway was set up as well as the /etc/resolv.conf had the proper settings forthe gateway and nameserver.

When I did "ping www.yahoo.com" or even "ping 192.168.0.1" (my local router) as non-root user then I got a message "Ping: Socket: Operation Not Permitted"

Yes, I can confirm this problem, but I really don't know why it exist.
I will investigate on this. Thanks for the interest and for the report.
Best regards

--
Thanks and have a good day,

Lonnie T. Cumberland
OutStep Technologies Incorporated

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Open Source...... opening the doors for the future in the world of today...."