Hi Mithun,

if you can send us the output from mri_convert/talairach that fails, and we'll take a look.

cheers,
Bruce

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Mithun Mukherjee wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run segment_subject on one run of data which was originally in BRIK format and then converted to COR using mri_convert.
In the initial registration to talairach process, mincinfo can't seem to read the .mnc file that mri_convert gave it. As a result the talairach.xfm transformation matrix is not created by mritotal.
The remaining procedures continue but I'm not sure if the registration to talairach space worked.
I checked the file permissions on orig.mnc and that doesn't seem to be the problem.
Is the COR to .mnc conversion the source of the error ?

I tried reading the image information from "orig.mnc" independently with mincinfo but that didn't work either. Below are the error logs for both mincinfo and segment_subject.

Thanks for your help.
Mithun

--
Rochester Center for Brain Imaging
University of Rochester Medical Center

[pyramidal:aparna/mri/orig] madmin% mincinfo -image_info orig.mnc
ncopen: filename "orig.mnc": Invalid dimension id or name
miopen: MINC package entry point
[pyramidal:aparna/mri/orig] madmin%

[pyramidal:/usr/local/freesurfer] root# segment_subject aparna
cp: /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/scripts/brain.dat: No such file or directory
/usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/aparna/scripts /usr/local/freesurfer
registering aparna
mri_convert orig orig/orig.mnc
reading from orig...
TR=0.00, TE=0.00, TI=0.00, flip angle=0.00
i_ras = (-1, 0, 0)
j_ras = (0, 0, -1)
k_ras = (0, 1, 0)
writing to orig/orig.mnc...
mincinfo: Error opening file "orig/orig.mnc"
Error executing mincinfo on orig/orig.mnc
Error: could not open file "/usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/aparna/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm".
System message: No such file or directory
mri_add_xform_to_header: could not read xform file '/usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/aparna/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm'

No such file or directory
reading from ../mri/orig...
normalizing image...
MRInormInit: