Hi,

I have installed the XDarwin  package on my Mac System
as instructed in the installation guide. The manual
says after installing refer to
FREESURFER_HOME/docs/FreeSurferManual.pdf
(ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/docs/FreeSurferGuide.pdf)
to get started.

In this manual it says to edit the FreeSurferDefs.csh
file and change the following line where specified:
setenv CSURF_DIR XXXXXXXX # CHANGE_THIS_DEFINITION
and then type 'csurf' on the prompt to run the
software.

My problem is:

1) I can't find FreeSurferDefs.csh file in my
installation directory.

2) As soon as give the command 'csurf' at the prompt
it gives me an error message:
"Application initialization failed: no display name
and no $DISPLAY
environment variable tix not found--setenv problem?"

is the Problem because of the missing file or there is
some problem with my configuration display?

Kindly tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks

Kushal