I have downloaded and installed freesurfer-20040218-Darwin.tar.gz with no seeming problems. I modified my .tcshrc file, checked directories and think all is in order. I operate in X11 windows. I still can not find csurf or any work-around. Does anyone have any ideas about my problem?

Can you find other programs, like mri_info? If so, then, as the other person suggested, make sure csurf is executable:

$ chmod a+x $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/noarch/csurf

If not, then make sure your path is set up. Try:

$ printenv PATH

and see if $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/Darwin shows up in there. If not, perhaps you aren't sourcing the FreeSurferEnv.csh file.

--
Kevin Teich