I'm using 1.5T MPRAGEs. and the skull stripped T1 overall looks very bright. However the intensity for WM is between 90 and 120.

Tracy

On Sep 14, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Bagnato, Francesca (NIH/NINDS) wrote:

Just a cuoriosity:
which kind of volumes are you using?
I had lots of troubles with 3T SPGRs and saw the center of the images just
brighter.
francesca

_____

From: Tracy Wang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 9/14/2005 1:23 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] intensity normalization failure

Hi

What is a typical example of when the intensity normalization process fails?
Does the over-all image seem brighter? What is a good indicator of success
or failure?

Thanks,

Tracy

Tracy Wang

Research Assistant

Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory

Washington University

Department of Psychology, Campus Box 1125

One Brookings Drive

St. Louis MO 63130-4899

314-935-5019

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<x-tad-bigger>Tracy Wang
Research Assistant
Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory

Washington University
Department of Psychology, Campus Box 1125
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis MO 63130-4899
314-935-5019
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>