I have a question about the current dev release - how different is the new 'stable' release going to be different from it?

Probably not very different, but we are still working on a few critical bug fixes, and adding some final touches to the GUI programs.

Can I start processing some brains using dev release and then continue processing using new 'stable' release?

The nature of the bug fixes might make this a problem. In general we don't recommend mixing versions within the same study or series of result comparisons. We are working on improving our ability to detect changes in results from version to version, but we're not there yet.

--
Kevin Teich