From: florent segonne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:51 PM
To: Thomas, Adam (NIH/NIMH)
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] problems with spheres

Dear Thomas,

Looking at the file rh.sphere.asc, it seems that the problem comes from
the spherical registration that generates a spherical surface with, as
you said, small triangles slightly overlapping.

However, these distortions should be extremely small. If you really need

to get rid of them, one hacky solution would be to detect these (small)
regions and to smooth them untill the overlapping edges(faces)
disappear.
Since these regions are small, this should not generate large
metric distortions.

But maybe Bruce has some other ideas.

Florent

Florent Segonne