you should be running everything fromt the study dir. Often, your study dir is also the parent to the sessions. When it is not, then you need to supply a -d sesspar or -df sessparfile

doug

Jane Aspell wrote:
Ok, thanks.
It seems that the problem with finding the session came about because I was
running 'sfa-sess' from the 'MYSTUDY' study directory when it seems i should
have run it from the 'session parent' directory.
cheers,
Jane

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Doug Greve
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

that's a bug in the wiki, "-s avdk" should not appear there. Rather, it
should be "-s yoursession" or "-sf sessidfile". If it cannot find the
sessions, then something is not set up correctly. Can you double check
that the sessions in the sessidfile are in the current directory?

Jane Aspell wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all your previous help with freesurfer.

I am trying to use FsFast to do retinotopy analysis and have been following the
instructions at:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsFastIndividualRetinotopyAnalysis

I come undone at the stage of running the actual analysis, where the command
should be:

sfa-sess -s avdk -a rtopy

what does 'avdk' refer to? when i run it i get: ERROR: could not find session

avdk

when i try it with the arguments:

sfa-sess -analysis rtopy -sf sessid

which is similar to the arguments needed for 'selxavg-sess' i get a similar
error of not been able to find my (particular subject's) session. i believe i
have set up the all the directory structures etc correctly for the sessions
format as previous steps worked fine.

any ideas what's going wrong?

thanks

Jane Aspell