Nam,

The documentation describing how to create your own atlas is the bit
that is a 'work-in-progress'.  The binary mris_ca_train is used to
create your own atlas, following which the binary mris_ca_label will
label your subjects.  These binaries already exist in the Freesurfer
'dev' distribution.

Freesurfer already includes a default atlas which is used during the
'recon-all' processing stream to label a subject, so in most cases it is
not necessary to create your own atlas.  Have you used Freesurfer to
process your subject(s)?  If so, you already have labelled subjects.
For example, the Freesurfer 'dev' distribution includes a sample
subject, called bert, which you can see the labels:

  tksurfer bert rh pial

To view cortical parcellation labels, in tksurfer:

        File->Label->Import Annotation

        Browse to file rh.aparc.annot and select OK

Move the cursor over the areas to display the labels.

Nick