Hi Gabe,

What version of freesurfer are you using? The -autorecon-all, -autorecon1, and -i flags should work with a current version - but are relatively new. If you are using an older version these flags will not work.

Could you also send the specific command line and error message you are receiving. When reporting bugs it's really helpful if you included some pertinent information so we can better help you:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting

Thanks,
Jenni