Is running a t-test contrast still valid if I don't have equal numbers
in the four groups (Male Treatment, Male Control, Female Treatment,
Female Control) or should I be running an F test instead?

Sasha

>>> Doug Greve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 4/14/2006 3:18 pm >>>

Yes, you just need to come up with the the contrast matrix taht tests
what you want to test. If the contrast matrix has one row, then it's a

t-test. If there are more than one, then it's an F test. You example is

actually a t-test, I think, just:

(MaleTreatment-MaleControl) - (FemaleTreatment-FemaleControl)

for a contrast of: +1 -1 -1 +1

doug

Sasha Wolosin wrote:

>Dear FreeSurfers,
>
>  I am interested in examining interaction effects between two sets
of
>classes where each covers all the data, let's say Male/Female and
>Treatment/Control.  I know mri_glmfit can be used to run t-test
>comparisons between groups (e.g. All Treatment vs. All Control , or
Male
>& Control vs. Male & Treatment), but can mri_glmfit be used to
examine
>interaction effects between these two sets of classes (for surface
>data)?
>
>my FSGD file looks like this:
>  GroupDescriptorFile 1
>  Class MaleTreatment
>  Class MaleControl
>  Class FemaleTreatment
>  Class FemaleControl
>  Input subjid1a MaleTreatment
>  Input subjid1b FemaleTreatment
>  Input subjid2a FemaleControl
>  Input subjid2b MaleControl
>  etc...
>
>Thanks,
>Sasha
>
>Sasha Wolosin
>Research Assistant
>Developmental Cognitive Neurology
>Kennedy Krieger Institute
>707 N. Broadway
>Baltimore, MD 21205
>ph: (443) 923-9270
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>Disclaimer:
>The materials in this e-mail are private and may contain Protected
Health Information. Please note that e-mail is not necessarily
confidential or secure. Your use of e-mail constitutes your
acknowledgment of these confidentiality and security limitations. If you
are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender via telephone or return e-mail.

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting