Dear freesurfer-users,

I want to plot the freesurfer surface rendering (xxx.pial) in the program Neurolens. Loading the image gives no problem and Neurolens gives a beautiful rendering. However, when loading the pial surface in tksurfer I see a difference between the two renderings. The surface in tksurfer is centered to RAS (0,0,0) , like the T1.mgz image (as it supposed to do). Im trying to figure out what this translation is, but I cannot find the answer on the web,  hence this email. Does tksurfer loads in a translation file (except for the talaraich.xfm, I got this translation covered), or does it do a general shift to the RAS centre? Generally, Im looking for the translation matrix from RAS to world coordinates, so I can apply this translation to the surface before loading it in Neurolens.

I hope someone can help me with this question.

Yours sincerely,

Martijn van den Heuvel