Hello all,

I have a few basic questions about FreeSurfer and would appreciate any help.

1) I have a number of brains in mnc format. I was wondering if these could be used in FreeSurfer because the tutorials only mention usage of the mgz format. Also, how do we convert from mnc to mgz.

2) What is the exact method of extracting the volume and cortical thickness of a particular region once the brain has been loaded into freesurfer. I can't seem to find any docs that outline how this is to be done with freesufer. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot,

Anil Roy.