Hi Nick, hi everyone,
I just ran the 3.0.2 topology fixer on a linux machine over one of the
failed surfaces, and that seems to have worked - great! The compute servers have since been upgraded to 3.0.3, so I'll feed the results into the rest of the recon-all pipeline and see how it goes.
Thanks for all your help,
Johannes

Nick Schmansky schrieb:
Johannes,

In looking at your recon-all.log, it looks like you are running v3.0.1
of freesurfer, which can be confirmed by typing:

  cat $FREESURFER_HOME/build-stamp.txt

In v3.0.2, a bug in the topology fixer was fixed (namely, the
'mrisDefectAnalysis' routine).

Is it possible for you to download the latest freesurfer and rerun on
the trouble subjects?  It should not be necessary to re-run on the other
subjects.  The fixed topology fixer is likely to successfully process
your subjects.
I can also send you this new mris_topology_fixer binary for the Mac if
you don't want to download/re-install.

Nick