The answer to the first question is yes, it will covary (or "regress out") for the continuous variable. For question #2, I also believe that the answer is yes, though Nick may be able to say definitively.

doug

Alexander Fornito wrote:

Hi all,
If i run a model in qdec that inludes 1 discrete and 1 continuous factor,
does the output for the group contrast covary for the continuous variable?
For example, if I want to compare two groups, and include group as my
discrete factor and age as a continuous factor, will the output for the
group contrast (Does the average thickness differ between grp1 and grp2?)
covary for age?
I've notice that running it without continuous factors leads to different
results, so I just wanted to confirm this is the case.

Also, just wanted to check that group contrasts are run as level_1 -
level_2, so that positive values (i.e., red-yellow) indicate level_1 >
level_2.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358 Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting