Hi, there,

I have some problem for the hippocampus segmentation results.

1. My structural data are originally in par-rec file. I used r2agui to
convert them into .nii format, then use recon-all -i to convert the .nii
data into freesurfer .mgz format. Based on these operations, I run
recon-all -all on all my data, the statistical report show that the mean
left hippocampus volume is bigger than the right one, while literature
shows that the right one should be bigger. This problem continuously
appeared in our different studies. I am not sure whether it is r2agui's
problem, which changed the oritation of the structural data. Do you have
any idea?

2. After autosegmentation, we did a statistical comparison analysis
between automatic segmentation and manual segmentation, and the
correlation is quite low, less than 80%, which is not acceptable for us.

3. Can I edit the auto segmentation results in Freesurfer if we think the
auto segmen! tation is not good enough in some area?

I will be really appreciated for your help.

Aize