Hi,

I have a question regarding group analysis using a custom template.

I have created a custom template using mris_make_template as described
http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/SurfaceRegAndTemplates

 I then registered all my study subjects (that have previously been run
through recon-all) to this new template using mris_register and named the
spherical registration ?h.sphere.reg for each subject.

I want to conduct a group analysis of cortical thickness. So my question is
do I need to rerun autorecon3 or any subset of it (e.g. ?h.avg_curv) that
might affect my analysis or creation of the 'average subject'?

All the best,
Cathy