Dear surfers,

I was visually inspecting the results of the auto-recon process using
tkmedit (e.g. tkmedit subject brainmask.mgz lh.white -aux T1.mgz
-aux-surface rh.white -segmentation aseg.mgz
/usr/local/freesurfer/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt)

I noticed that often times the segmentation results from the surface files
(pial, main and original surface represented by red, yellow, and green,
respectively) are not consistent with the results from the aseg.mgz files.
For instance, a piece of gray matter in the anterior temporal pole is
colored pink and indicates Left-Cerebral-Cortex as the label, but this area
is marked to be outside the red line (pial surface). Likewise, yellow line
often cuts through the area indicated as white matter by aseg.mgz.

>From a previous email thread, I noted that Bruce mentioned that "We usually
trust the surfaces more than the aseg for cortical morphometry." Does this
mean that aseg.mgz is not used in subsequent processing stream? What shall I
do if I (after visually inspecting this) want to correct the surfaces more
similar to the results given be aseg.mgz?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Joon

--
Joonkoo Park
Ph.D. Candidate, Cognition & Cognitive Neuroscience