Hello-

I'm having a resurgence of an old problem (http://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg12152.html) but the old solution is not cutting it. When I try to load a table in QDEC 1.4, I get the following error:

    ERROR: QdecDataTable::Load did not find a column named 'fsid', 'ID', or 'Subject' in the first column of qdec.table.dat!
    Error loading the data table.

However, the file definitely does have 'fsid' as the first column.

    > head qdec.table.dat | awk '{print $1, $2, $3}'
    fsid Sex AgeGrp
    14080 Female Oldr
    14081 Female Oldr
    14286 Female Oldr
    14287 Female Oldr
    14390 Female Oldr
    14391 Male Oldr
    14392 Male Oldr
    14428 Female Oldr
    14430 Male Oldr

Creating the file on Windows, Mac, and Unix platforms using a variety of programs (kate, oocalc, text wrangler, excel, word, notepad, etc) with 'fsid', 'ID', or 'Subject' as the column title doesn't help, nor does running dos2unix on the file(s). Having tab delimited or space delimited files doesn't make any difference, either. Trying to open the tables with QDEC in Unix (RedHat) or Mac (10.6.4) doesn't change the outcome.

Any ideas on how to solve this riddle?

Thanks,
Jim
--