Hi Ruthger,

I use the following command to take the binary lesion mask (native space) to
the freesurfer space:

mri_convert -rl mri/brainmask.mgz -rt nearest lesion_mask_native_space.mgz
lesion_mask_fs_space.mgz

I always overlay lesion_mask_fs_space.mgz on brainmask.mgz to check that
things look correct.

Hope this helps.
Mehul