The Solodkin/Small Brain Circuits Laboratory at the University of California,
Irvine, will soon have an opening for a research technician in image
processing. This job would be ideal for someone interested in applying basic
skills in signal processing or applied mathematics to a variety of functional
and structural neuroimaging studies related to human language processing and
motor control, including healthy adults and children, and adults and children
with neurological injuries or disease. Job tasks include: analyzing functional
magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) data,
performing statistical analyses of processed human data, working with cortical
surface maps, managing and updating our imaging database, and helping to
improve our processing procedures, including our use of high-performance
cluster and grid computers.

The ideal candidate will have a B.A. or B.S. degree in engineering, physics,
mathematics, or computer science; knowledge of the UNIX operating system;
programming experience; interest in biomedical applications; coursework in
signal analysis and/or statistics. Variations from these ideals will certainly
be entertained in an otherwise highly qualified candidate. Although this
position is not yet formally posted, we are interested in hearing from
qualified candidates now.

If interested, please forward your CV/resume to msch...@uci.edu.

destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.