Dear All,

I've been trying out the automatic V1 labelling using the Hinds et al.
(NeuroImage, 2008 vol. 39 (4) pp. 1585-99) and, as far as I can tell it seems
to work pretty well on our anatomical scans (In general I'd be interested in
the opinions/experiences of others who've tried it).

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to automatically label just the calcarine itself? I know
there is a pericalcarine label, but I am hoping to essentially label the line
of the calcarine itself.
2) Is it possible to automatically find the occipital pole of the calcarine?

The reason I want to do this is that it would then enable me to calculate the
distance down the calcarine and the lateral distance away from the calcarine
for each patch in the Hinds-V1 label. That potentially could be really useful
in terms of sub-dividing the Hinds label into foveal and eccentric zones
(although without retinotopy individual differences in M-scaling, for example,
might limit interpretability).

Would mris_divide_parcellation be useful here?

Thanks in advance,

Krish

--
Prof. Krish Singh