*By default, FreeSurfer compputes and uses a two-tailed p-value. When
you specify a sign, it lowers the threshold that you give it to reflect
a one-tailed test. Probably what happened was that you had two clusters
close to each other that merged together with the lower threshold.
doug
*

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.