Our reply to that is here
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/196/5/414.2.long

which reminded me of other papers that have also used a global thickness
measure to covary for mean cortical thickness and thereby "address whether
any regional thickness differences were in excess of global cortical
thickness differences between groups" -- see references [1,4] in our
Reply.

cheers,
-MH