Wil,

We've been using the Cintiq<http://wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq.aspx> models
with great success for the past several years, it really speeds up manually
editing. Only Windows and OS X are 'officially' supported by Wacom, but there
is a thriving
community<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Main_Page>
 that builds and continually develops drivers for these devices on various
Linux platforms. We've been using ours on CentOS 4 and 5 builds without
problems; it takes a little tinkering with the xorg.conf and other files, but
you should be fine.

-Derin