Hello,

We are working with previously acquired data, so unfortunately we are unable to
use the MPRAGE sequence for the current data set.

We would like to use T1 images to compute volumetric results.  We are using a
Philips 3T Achieva, and the sequences received by most participants are a
T1-FFE (FLASH in Siemens terms or SPGR in GE terms) and a T1 TFE sequence (I
believe this is TurboFLASH in Siemens terms, although I am not fully familiar
with it).

Are either of these scans appropriate for performing volumetric analysis of
grey/white matter using FreeSurfer?  Is either scan preferable to the other?

Patrick Sullivan
Research Assistant, Chapman Lab
War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Veteran's Affairs Medical Center
Washington, D.C. 20422
(202) 745-8000 (ext 7566)