Just wanted to mention that, in my experience at least, it isn't just that
CPs in 5.1 may adversely affect the aseg, but the inclusion of CPs can
actually impact the surfaces in 5.1 in places distant from the CPs
themselves.  So, if you are using surfaces derived from the default 5.1
recon-all, you may potentially have issues in which the CPs are altering
the surfaces in a manner that wasn't present prior to 5.1 as well.
(Bruce: please correct if I'm wrong about that).  Rather, my understanding
is that if one wanted to emulate the approach prior to 5.1 for the
surfaces as well, one would need to use the backwards compatability flag
that Nick introduced in relation to the CP issue.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders
Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134
660 South Euclid Ave.           Tel: 314-747-6173
St. Louis, MO  63110                    Email: mha...@wustl.edu