Hi Catherine,

yes, the first step is independent (cross sectional) processing of all
time points (normal recon-all).

We usually do not recommend to mix versions. But the 5.1 longitudinal
stream has been designed in a way that it can take the cross sectional
data from 5.0. So it is possible. Just make sure that if you add time
points and subjects you still use 5.0 for the cross sectional recons and
5.1 for base and long to be consistent.

Alternatively wait a little longer and re-run everything from scratch
with the new 5.2 version that will come out hopefully this month.

Best, Martin