I am new to Unix and FreeSurfer, and I am having some trouble installing
FreeSurfer on my Macbook Air (10.8). I've downloaded the .dmg file just
fine, and when I start the installation steps, I'm instructed to add some
lines to my .cshrc or .tcshrc files in my home directory. Can anyone point
me to this file? Also, just below on the installation dialog, it says for
sh or bash users:

export FREESURFER_HOME=<freesurfer_installation_directory>/freesurfer
source $FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreeSurfer.sh

Can I use these instead of the first two lines of code? I tried to enter
these bash lines one at a time into my terminal window. The first one
("export") did not give me any errors but for the "source" one, I received
the message:

bash: /freesurfer/SetUpFreeSurfer.sh: No such file or directory.

Any idea as to why I am getting this error? My apologies in advance for my
lack of experience.

Many thanks,
Nate