Dear Freesurfer experts, I am currently trying to do a cortical
thickness group analysis with one factor, three levels . I have run
mri_preproc and mri_surf2surf, and am now trying to run

mri_glmfit --y lh.group.thickness.10B.mgh --fsgd easy2.file --C
contrast1.mtx --surf fsaverage lh --cortex --glmdir lh.group

However, I keep getting this error;

INFO: gd2mtx_method is doss
Saving design matrix to lh.group/Xg.dat
Normalized matrix condition is 1
Matrix condition is 7
Found 149955 points in label.
Pruning voxels by thr: 0.000000
Found 149953 voxels in mask
Saving mask to lh.group/mask.mgh
Reshaping mriglm->mask...
search space = 74612.446501
MatrixReadTxT: could not scan value [2][1]

The format of both the fsgd file and the contrast file is ASCII text

My fsgd file is formatted as follows:

GroupDescriptorFile 1
Title Group analysis
Class HR
Class Con
Class ILL
Input EHRS_XXXX_2 HR
Input EHRS_XXXX_2 HR
Input EHRS_XXXX_2 HR
Input EHRS_XXXX_2 Con
Input EHRS_XXXX_2 Con
Input EHRS_XXXX_2 ILL

and my contrast file is;

1 -1 0

I do not understand why I keep getting this error. When I include the
flag -no-contrasts-is-ok, the mri_glmfit does work. There are no
commas in either file.
  This leads me to believe something is wrong with my contrast file?
However I am not certain what this could be. Help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Cathy

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.