Hi Celine - The path.pd.nii.gz file contains the full probability
distribution without any thresholding. This distribution, as with any
probabilistic tractography method, expresses the amount of uncertainty in
which is the path of most coherent diffusion between the two end regions.
(In tracula's case, it's actually both most coherent diffusion and most
consistent with the anatomy of the CST, or whichever pathway, based on the
atlas.) If in a patient there's widespread degeneration over the entire
path, this could manifest itself as more uncertainty and hence a more
spread out distribution. So depending on the variability among your
subjects you could get wider or narrower pathway ROIs. If you find that a
threshold based on path.pd.nii.gz alone is not consistent for your
purposes, you could try combining it with an FA threshold.

Hope this helps,
a.y