Dear All,

I have ubuntu 12.4, and downloaded/installed the dev (12/19/2013) version
of Freesurfer (I used previously version 5.1). Installation was uneventful,
including getting the return to command

> source $FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreeSurfer.csh

FREESURFER_HOME   /usr/local/fs5.3/freesurfer
FSFAST_HOME       /usr/local/fs5.3/freesurfer/fsfast
FSF_OUTPUT_FORMAT nii.gz
SUBJECTS_DIR      /usr/local/fs5.3/freesurfer/subjects
MNI_DIR           /usr/local/fs5.3/freesurfer/mni

When testing Freesurfer with freeview or tkmedit bert commands, I get
invariably the following error

'error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory'

Can you advise what I should do, including syntax (Gari has a similar
problem, and he solved it "after reinstalling netCDF and updating the links
(and some 64 bit packages missing too)").

Please let me know what else I should add/ modify after

sudo apt-get install libnetcdf6

and what other packages and links have to be installed/ fixed

Many thanks,

Octavian