Thank you,

I want to merge the pial eroded (of white expanded) and downsampled
surfaces of the two hemispheres in a new surface (generate a new,
continuous,  surface/mesh, no holes, no self intersections). The
question is
whether pial freesurfer atlases and spherical registration would be
applicable to this surface too,
Octavian