Hi all,

We're conducting the registration using bbregister that gives us a
registration matrix (a .dat file) BUT the original structural file remains
intact, i.e. the registered output can be viewed but not stored. Can we
store the co-registered structural image as a .nii file? And if so, how?
We are using the Connectivity Toolbox that requires structural data to be
coregistered with functional data, and there is no way we can feed in the
.dat file.

Also, what are your thoughts on first using bbregister for linear
coregistration, and then use fnirt on the output to get nonlinear
coregistration? We ask this because we are working on a younger population
(ages 8-25) with autism spectrum disorder and the data is affected by
motion. Should we also be using --init-fsl instead of --init-spm if we
want to use fnirt?

Thank you for your help,

Trang