Hi Doug, thanks for the quick reply. I've been playing around with the commands
you suggested and managed to get what seemed like a good registration by
inspecting the green lines in tkregister.

However, I wasn't actually sure if I put the correct input:

bbregister --s colin --mov colin_tlrc_1x1x1.nii --reg
~/Documents/Analysis/eigenmodes/rsn_smith09/colin_register.dat --t1
--init-header

after the '--mov' option should i be using the anatomical template or the .nii
file containing the 20 ICA components (4D)? I tried both (changing the between
the --t1 and --bold options) and the anatomical template came out much better,
but I thought the movable (--mov) is meant to be the functional image?

Also, wrt to mri_vol2surf, what should the --src_type, --projfrac options be
set to in my case?
Also for --out_type, if I want an easy format to port to matlab?

Thanks!