Hi Peng, there's a lot going on there, and it is not specific enough for
me to make recommendations. Take a look at the docs we have on our
coordinate systems

http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/CoordinateSystems?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fscoordinates.pdf

you might get the answer you need from there or at least use our
terminology to point me in the right direction

doug

On 03/10/2014 12:20 PM, peng wrote:
> [...]
> dots in individual) -> Bn(volume representation of dots in
> individual). If this assumption is correct, I would like to use Bn for
> my computation and ASn for display later.
>
> I hope I have made myself clearer.
>
> best
> Peng
>

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Douglas N Greve
> <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>> wrote:
>

>     Do you mean you want to display them in the MRI volume or on the
>     surface
>     (or both)? When you say that they are in "RAS coordinates", what
>     do you
>     mean? How are the coords defined?
>     doug
>

>     On 03/08/2014 07:26 AM, peng wrote:
>     > Dear freesurfers,
>     >
>     >    I have a set of dot locations (300~400) in a template brain,
>     > indicated by indices of a 3-D array of the template MRI data, which
>     > can be easily transformed to RAS coordinates. I wish to project
>     these
>     > dot locations to individual MRIs, ideally also as indicated by
>     indices
>     > in the 3-D array of the individual MRI data. Is it possible to do it
>     > in freesurfer? I guess the surface-based procedure shall work
>     well for
>     > this. It might be a very junior question, if it was documented
>     > somewhere before, please let me know the link. Thank you very
>     much for
>     > help.
>     >
>     > best
>     > Peng
>     >
>     >
>     > Freesurfer mailing list
>     > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>
>     --
>     Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
>     MGH-NMR Center
>     gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     Phone Number: 617-724-2358
>     Fax: 617-726-7422
>
>     Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>     <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>     FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
>     www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>     <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>     Outgoing:
>     ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/

>     The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
>     whom it is
>     addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and
>     the e-mail
>     contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>     Compliance HelpLine at
>     http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to
>     you in error
>     but does not contain patient information, please contact the

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358