Hi list,
in Wakana et al., 2007, the SLF was divided in parietal and temporal
components. As I understand it, the same subdivision has been made in Yendiki
et al, 2011. In details, SLFp should correspond to SLF III and SLFt to arcuate
fascicle.Tractography studies showed that the anatomy of the arcuate fasciculus
is very complex (Catani et al., 2008). Additionally to direct segment
connecting Wernicke’s area with Broca’s area, there is an indirect pathway
consisting of two segments, an anterior segment frontal cortex to the inferior
parietal lobule (also defined as SLFIII, Urbanski et al., 2011) and a posterior
segment linking the inferior parietal lobule with temporal cortex. Becouse the
physiological role of these tracts is different, I wonder to know which of
these tracts correspond to SLFt?
Thank you very much!

Stefano