Hi Sabin, I have not been able to definitively track down the source of
the negative area, but I have verified a couple of things. There is only
negative area in a couple of vertices and they are in the medial wall.
Our current development version does not result in negative area when I
run it on your data, so what ever is happening has been fixed. In
general, the area from the current development version is very close to
that of what you have, so I think the negative area can be ignored.
doug

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu