Dear Freesurfer experts,

I would like to overlay the significance map and gamma.mgh map from cortical
thickness GLM on a semi-inflated surface according to one previous post in the
mailing list (shown as below) by using the command (shown) under the directory
of fsaverage.

https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2009-November/012445.html<https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail/freesurfer/2009-November/012445.html>

mris_inflate -n <steps> lh.white lh.partially_inflated

My questions are:

1)      Is it right to generate semi-inflated surface under fsaverage file? Or,
I need to generate a semi-inflated surface for each subject (n>500) and make an
average surface? How?

2)      I tried different 'n', the new generated surface while n=5, 10 or 55
didn't look different at all! Is this normal? It did look very different from
lh.white though.

3)      Why the generated surface can only be open using tksurfer toolbox, but
not a similar command like below?

tksurfer fsaverage lh inflated -overlay ./directory_path/gamma.mgh

Many thanks for your attention and looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,
Zixuan

--
Zixuan YANG

Ph.D candidate
Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA)
School of Psychiatry, UNSW Medicine
NPI, Euroa Centre, Barker Street, Randwick
NSW  2031  AUSTRALIA
T: +61 (2) 9385 0427
W: www.cheba.unsw.edu.au<http://www.cheba.unsw.edu.au/>
E: z.y...@student.unsw.edu.au<mailto:s.repperm...@unsw.edu.au>