Dear Sami

Instead of manual editing the FreeSurfer processed data (e.g. adding control
points for white matter), one might try to manipulate the raw T1-w. image.

Maybe removing the incomplete slice and interpolating the signal of the
neighboring slices into the missing slice help.

Then the surface model might be more or less accurately reconstructed and
you can use it for analyses in other brain regions not affected by this
missing slice.

I have never done this, but it might be worth trying.

Cheers
Jürgen

On [DATE], "Sami Karadeniz" <[ADDRESS]> wrote:

> Hello Freesurfers,
>
> I have a subject who's missing part of one slice in the MR images (on
> the right hemisphere). This causes problems in the surface formation,
> as shown in the attached pictures.
>
> First I tried to fix the problem by giving the central CC as seed
> point for the hemisphere cutting plane (-cc-crs), but this didn't
> help. The pictures were taken after I tried to fix the problem by
> filling in voxels manually into the wm.mgz. I managed to fix most of
> white surface problems, but the pial surface is still strongly drawn
> to the black line caused by the partly missing slice. This causes
> visible, canyon-like deformation as seen in the 3D view of pial surface.
>
> The partly missing slice is probably due to an error in the scanning
> process - I looked at the DICOM images with a DICOM viewer, and the
> problem is also present there.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to force the pial surface to follow
> a certain path, much like control points for wm? Or any other
> suggestions for fixing the problem? Getting the subject to do another
> MRI scan is unlikely at the moment.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Sami

> contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
> at
> error
> properly
> dispose of the e-mail.

Jürgen Hänggi, Ph.D.
Division Neuropsychology
Institute of Psychology
University of Zurich
Binzmuehlestrasse 14, PO Box 25
8050 Zurich, Switzerland
0041 44 635 73 97 (phone office)
0041 76 445 86 84 (phone mobile)
0041 44 635 74 09 (fax office)
BIN 4.D.04 (office room number)
j.haenggi[at]psychologie.uzh.ch (email)
http://www.psychologie.uzh.ch/neuropsy/ (website)
http://www.juergenhaenggi.ch (private website)

This e-mail (and any attachment/s) contains confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.