Hi,

First, in the mri_cvs_register I kept all the files and therefore the
"combined_toIBSR_02_elreg_afteraseg-norm.tm3d" file was not removed. If I try
to replicate this file through the
"createMorph --out fullCVSmorph.tm3d --template template.mgz --subject movingvol.mgz --in gcam
nlalign-afteraseg-norm.m3z morph el_reg_toTEMPLATE.tm3d" the file produced is different from
the one previously created by the program (and gives far worse registration results when used with
the "applyMorph"). Is
something wrong here?

No, there is nothing wrong. In the above command you are just not composing the right files. I assume that you have run the default mri_cvs_register command. In that case there are two non-linear registration steps one aided by aseg info and one by intensities. In the above you are skipping the morph created by the former so that is why you are not getting the same combined output. Instead of "morph el_reg_toTEMPLATE.tm3d" you would need to use "morph combined*aseg.tm3d"

Second, even if the two files gave the same results wouldn’t this
fullCVSmorph.tm3d (otherwise called
combined_toIBSR_02_elreg_afteraseg-norm.tm3d) have both information from
*afteraseg-norm.m3z and el_reg_toTEMPLATE.tm3d, and therefore the Jacobian
applied solely to the nlalign-afteraseg-norm.m3z would not
match.

It is correct. The jacobians of fullCVSmorph.tm3d and nlalign-afteraseg-norm.m3z will not match. I am a bit confused about whey you think they should.

Lastly, am I right assuming the "combined_toIBSR_02_elreg_afteraseg-norm.tm3d"
is the last registration (and most accurate) performed by mri_cvs_register?

Yes. In the most current FS version though we use the m3z files as we are trying to phase out the tm3d format.

Lilla

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Lilla Zollei <lzol...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>