Hi,

I couldn't find the documentation for mri_preproc. I know that roughly it
resamples multiple subjects' brain images into the same space and then
concatenates the vertices, but I want to know details like:

Exactly how are the brains resampled? What is the procedure beyond the
Talairach affine and spherical registration steps? Individual brain images
have different numbers of vertices. Which vertices are chosen overall? How
are they chosen? How is correspondence between a single vertex location
across all the images established?

Is the finite element approximation and vertex selection procedures
invariant? Do they yield the same set and location of vertices despite
minor variations? Under what conditions are they invariant?

After the vertices are obtained how are they concatenated? Are they listed
in a particular order and is this order the same for all the brains? How
is the order determined?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
~Jen