From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas Greve
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 9:32 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Fsaverage for ROI analysis of children

Can you back up and tell us what it is you are trying to do? Where did the ROI
come from and how did you create it?
doug
On 11/3/14 8:56 AM, Smith, Michael wrote:
Hello all,

I have been conducting an ROI analysis and following the cortical thickness ROI
tutorial found here:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/VolumeRoiCorticalThickness.  After
going through this tutorial with a few of my subjects I've noticed the ROI when
registered to the fsaverage template is not in the correct position.  I'm
guessing this is due to the nature of my subjects (children ranging from
8months-11 years old).  Is there a better template I should use for this
analysis? Also, when I run mri_segstats to get the cortical thickness for my
ROI, will these numbers be inaccurate too? Thanks in advance!

It is worth noting I am running Darwin-lion-stable-pub-v5.3.0

Best,

Michael S.