From: "Stephanie N. DeCross" <sdecr...@mgh.harvard.edu>
To: "Freesurfer support list" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Cc: "Douglas N Greve" <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:33:54 AM
Subject: [Freesurfer] Freeview-stable4 error?

Hi,

I'm trying to look at 2 connectivity files (saved in SPM) at the same time
using Freeview, but how I've been doing it in the past is no longer working and
I haven’t changed anything on my end. What I had been doing:

1. cd to the folder with my connectivity files and typing the shortcut command:
stable4 (which does the following: setenv USE_STABLE_4_5_0; source
/space/freesurfer/nmr-stable4-env)
2. typing the command: freeview ../../../../N12Trio_avg152T1.nii
LSHSxAmyg.covBDI_PosCorr_p05_20vox.img
LSHSxAmyg.covBDI_NegCorr_p05_20vox.img_blue.nii.gz

This command used to work fine, but is now giving me the error:
freeview.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libvtkverdict.so.vtk5.2.0:

This command DOES work if I don't type the shortcut command stable4 and instead
keep using the stable53 environment I was already in (setenv FSL_DIR
/usr/pubsw/packages/fsl/4.1.9; source
/space/nexus/1/users/avi-tools/enable_avi.csh; setenv SUBJECTS_DIR
/autofs/cluster/maury/users/gcoombs/College_Risk/SUBJECTS_DIR_FS53; source
/usr/local/freesurfer/nmr-stable53-env).

While I'm not positive it affects anything, I'd rather be consistent with the
stable4 way I've been doing it in the past - is there a way to fix it and use
Freeview in stable4, or does this freeview.bin error mean that I can no longer
use Freeview with stable4?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie N. DeCross
Clinical Research Coordinator
Psychiatric Neuroimaging Research Program
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129
Phone: 617-724-3283