Hi Freesurfer experts,

I'm trying to run a functional connectivity analysis using a label that was
created in the volume (vta.label). I have a few questions about how I would do
this (compared to a label created on surface).

Usually, we create a smoothed mask using the commands

mri_label2label --s fsaverage --regmethod surface --hemi {hemi} --srclabel
$SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage1/label/{label}.label --trglabel
$SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage1/label/junk.label --outmask
/cluster/roffman/users/Stable5_PerRun/fsaverage1/mri/{label}_sm00_bin.mgh

mris_fwhm --i
/cluster/roffman/users/Stable5_PerRun/fsaverage1/mri/{label}_sm00_bin.mgh
--fwhm 4 --smooth-only --o
/cluster/roffman/users/Stable5_PerRun/fsaverage1/mri/{label}_sm04.mgh --s
fsaverage --hemi rh
end

I tried running mri_label2label using --regmethod volume, but the command
window says "ERROR: cannot specify outmask with vol reg method"

Do you know how I can create a smoothed mask from a volume label?

And then once I create the mask, in order to apply the mask from fsaverage to
each individual subject, would I use mri_vol2vol?

Thanks,
Anais