Dear Freesurfer users, (apologies for cross-post)

I am pleased to announce the release of an R package I created, called
"brainGraph", for performing graph theory analyses of brain MRI data. You can
use it for cortical thickness, volume, surface area, or LGI. It can also be
used for tractography data (I have code that works with the outputs of FSL's
"probtrackx2"), and it should work for resting-state fMRI as well. It is very
heavily dependent on the fantastic R package "igraph" (see
http://igraph.org/redirect.html). I created a GUI for quick and easy data
exploration, but it isn't quite as polished as others out there (e.g., BrainNet
Viewer).

For usage, please see the User Guide I put together (direct PDF link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j831n3q9muyz1go/brainGraph_UserGuide.pdf?dl=0 ). You
will find some code for getting your data into R, and I have documented many
analysis steps and include multiple figures. I hope this is intuitive for both
veteran and novice R users. Additionally, there are System Requirements,
Installation instructions, and links for help learning R.

Some features that should be of interest include:
* bootstrapping & permutation testing
* random graph generation, small-worldness, and global/local/nodal efficiency
* rich-club calculations
* robustness ("targeted attack" or "random failure") & vulnerability: PDF of
figure (PNG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k14gdg1lomhh4l2/failPlot-1.pdf?dl=0)
* Plotting GUI - full GUI (PNG):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0hdng7flrxsgd2/brainGraph_GUI.png?dl=0
* Plotting GUI - union of vertex neighborhoods (PNG):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aag5cn1p1z9xzxr/brainGraph_GUI_neighborhoods.png?dl=0
* Plotting GUI - community (module) plots (PNG):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zzpd5j268qstmg/brainGraph_GUI_communities.png?dl=0

You can install it directly in R by typing: install.packages('brainGraph')
My Github page for the package (https://github.com/cwatson/brainGraph) contains
the development version, and you can install that by typing:
devtools::install_github('cwatson/brainGraph')
Please see the NEWS.md file
(https://github.com/cwatson/brainGraph/blob/master/NEWS.md) for updates made
since the CRAN submission.
To work properly on Windows, you may need to install the devel version.

This is still a work-in-progress, so I am very happy to receive bug reports,
feature requests, general coding help questions, (constructive) criticism, etc.
Please join the Google Group that I set up for those purposes:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/brainGraph-help

Chris Watson