Dear Freesurfer Community,

1) I am just starting out on some diffusion analyses and I'd like to use
the dt_recon for this. Is there any information about a general workflow
for quality control for the outputs from dt_recon? From the tutorials, I
only see information about checking the registration.  In particular, I
would like to know how dt_recon cope with the occasional flipping/swapping
of some components of the diffusion gradient directions?

2) Another aim of mine is to quantify DTI indices in subcortical regions
segmented from the ASEG pipeline. How does Freesurfer handle partial
volumning via seg-erode in "mri_vol2vol"?

I have pasted my workflow below and I'd like to check if this is correct,
thanks!

1) After processing the scans on recon-all and dt_recon , i resample the
structural data to diffusion space

mri_vol2vol --mov subjectname/dtrecon/lowb.nii.gz
--targ subjectname/mri/aparc+aseg.mgz --inv --interp nearest
--o subjectname/mri/aparc+aseg2diff.mgz  --reg
subjectname/dtrecon/register.dat --no-save-reg

Should I use ASEG instead of APARC+ASEG or WMPARC (which also has labels
for the subcortical regions?)

2) Then, I mask the FA/MD maps with

mri_mask subjectname/dtrecon/fa.nii.gz  subjectname/mri/aparc+aseg2diff.mgz
subjectname/dtrecon/fa-masked_aparcaseg.mgz; done

3) Finally, I collect the FA in the regions with

mri_segstats --seg subjectname/mri/aparc+aseg2diff.mgz --ctab
$FREESURFER_HOME/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt
--i subjectname/dtrecon/fa-masked_aparcaseg.mgz --seg-erode 1
--sum subjectname/stats/fa_aparc+aseg2diff_segerode_1;done

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Best Wishes,
Elijah

--