that's interesting. Is it open source? If so, can you point us at it? Maybe someone should compare it to the version I wrote 20 years ago :)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016, Mojmír Vinkler wrote:

Thanks!
Just FYI - we applied newer version of NLME from Pierrick Coupé before
running freesurfer and it greatly improved segmentation results.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
wrote:
      Hi Mojmir

      we don't apply mri_nlfilter by default so there is no need to
      turn it
      off. You are welcome to try it out. It implement some nonlinear
      filters
      including what is now called nonlocal means as described in this
      paper:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/abstractAuthors.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=745
      732

      On
      Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Mojmír Vinkler wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I was wondering if it's possible to replace or turn off your
      denoising
      > algorithm `mri_nlfilter`. We'd like to try different denoising
      filters and
      > compare how they influence segmentation performance. Right now
      we're
      > applying filter before running recon-all, but I fear that
      applying your
      > filter on already filtered image might degrade our analysis.
      >
      > I couldn't find any mention of mri_nlfilter besides this one
      on
mailinglisthttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2011-October/020
      762.
      > html. I hope I didn't miss something anything.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Mojmir

      The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person
      to whom it is
      addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error
      and the e-mail
      contains patient information, please contact the Partners
      Compliance HelpLine at
      http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent
      to you in error
      but does not contain patient information, please contact the
      sender and properly