Hi Min

unfortunately there's not much we can do as these artifacts make the gray matter look just like white matter. Do you see this in many subjects?

sorry
Bruce

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, Min Liu wrote:

Dear Bruce,
Many thanks for looking into this. I tried to post orig.mgz to the mailing
list yesterday but the email didn't get through because the file size
exceeds 1000KB.  So I screen-captured two images to showcase the overall
quality of T1 and where the problem is.  Although the bright rim doesn't
occur everywhere, it is mostly seen in the left hemisphere.  I hope there is
a way to counteract such acquisition defects.

Thanks,
Min

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>