From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Douglas Greve
<gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Date: Wednesday 15 June 2016 at 17:43
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Convert ascii to .mgh

I would do it in matlab, eg,

F = MRIread('F.mgh'); % This is to get the proper header information

lfdr = load('lfdr.asc');
F.vol = fast_mat2vol(lfdr,F.volsize);
MRIwrite(F,'lfdr.mgh');

On 6/15/16 4:45 AM, Robby De Pauw wrote:
Dear FreeSurfer users,

To address the problem of multiple comparison, I wanted to apply the
localfdr-method. For this purpose, I need the F-statistic (which I can extract
from the F.mgh scalar overlay I presume?).

I converted this to an ascii-file, which I was able to load into R, using the
following chink of code:

mris_convert -c
/Users/robbydepauw/Desktop/FreeSurfer/GLM/lh.Group.volume.glmdir/Groupeffect/F.mgh
 $SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage/surf/lh.white F.asc

After performing an local fdr analysis in R, I want to create a scalar overlay
“lfdr.mgh”, but I fail at converting the asci file into an “.mgh”-overlay file.

Any idea how I could approach this conversion (from asci back to .mgh)?

Many thanks,

Greetings

Robby

Robby De Pauw, PT, MT, drs.
T +32 09 332 12 19 | Email robby.dep...@ugent.be<mailto:robby.dep...@ugent.be>

Ghent University | Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy
Campus Heymans 3B3 (022)
De Pintelaan 185 BE-9000 Ghent
Route to my office<https://soleway.ugent.be/routes/1090>